Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Talking to the ghosts?

Hi Raymond,

RH> rec test.wav
RH> play test.wav
RH> Works fine

well, ok, that _should_ proove it works =) but obviously it does not.. *g*

RH> > You can also try cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp

RH> Just a lot of distortion ,sounds like an old AM radio in a car without
RH> antenna.
RH> When i tried to talk to the other person ,i could hear my voice through my
RH> own speakers

are you sure you've _NOT_ enabled your local mic for local listening? (it should _only_ do recording, but not playing in your speakers, else you might get a loopback).. are you on OSS or Alsa with OSS emulation?

is your machine _very_ busy while playing? did you patch any realtime-patches, etc. to your kernel? (2.4.18-WoLK?)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian