Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] rpm-install on Suse 7.3: gconf?

Hello again!
Stefan Bruens wrote:
> Am Samstag, 2. März 2002 12:34 schrieb Arnim Staschke:

[Suse 7.3]
> > Now I want to update to the new Gnomemeeting (with the rpm from Stefan).
> > But gnomemeeting is not starting.
> > If I try to start gnomemeeting there comes up a error-message:
> >
> > I had to verify the permissions and settings from gconf. May be gconf is
> > not correctly installed on your system.
> >
> > I don't know what to do. Gconf ist installed (rpm from www.suse.de)

> Some permissions seem to be false. Go to /etc/opt/gnome/gconf and then make
> ls -lR | less
> Look for some files or directories which are not readable and (for
> directories) accessible. The permissions for directories should be
> 'drwxr-xr-x root root', for files it should be '-rw-r--r-- root root'. If you
> have found some, please report them, so I can try to fix this.

I have done this. But all permissions from the files and directories are
like you wrote.
So I uninstall all gnome-packages (all rpm-files) first. Then I download
all new gnome-packages again from ftp.suse.com (gnome 1.4).
Now Gnomemeeting ist starting:-)))
I think there was a package missing, may be a devel-package.

The news Gnomemeeting looks fine. Compliment:-)
Have a nice day, Arnim!