Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] rpm-install on Suse 7.3: gconf?

I had the same error message for the reason that libGConf1 was not the correct version needed by GConf-1.0.8 (i.e. libGConf1-1.0.8). It took me a while to find it because it doesnt appear on rpmfind.net, but I got it from the Mandrake Cooker ftp site.

This probably seems obvious but I hope it helps some.

Graham.

From: Arnim Staschke <a-sta gmx net>
To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] rpm-install on Suse 7.3: gconf?
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 12:34:45 +0100
Gmomemeeting 0.12.2 was running on my system (rpm from Stefan Bruens).
Now I want to update to the new Gnomemeeting (with the rpm from Stefan).
But gnomemeeting is not starting.
If I try to start gnomemeeting there comes up a error-message:
I had to verify the permissions and settings from gconf. May be gconf is
not correctly installed on your system.
I don't know what to do. Gconf ist installed (rpm from www.suse.de)
I read other postings fron the Mailinglist. But they don't help me.
I had no /etc/gconf on my system. Is that necessary?
Is there a rpm-Package missinmg on my system?