Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] rpm-install on Suse 7.3: gconf?

Am Samstag, 2. März 2002 12:34 schrieb Arnim Staschke:
> Hello!
>
> Gmomemeeting 0.12.2 was running on my system (rpm from Stefan Bruens).
> Now I want to update to the new Gnomemeeting (with the rpm from Stefan).
> But gnomemeeting is not starting.
> If I try to start gnomemeeting there comes up a error-message:
>
> I had to verify the permissions and settings from gconf. May be gconf is
> not correctly installed on your system.
>
> I don't know what to do. Gconf ist installed (rpm from www.suse.de)

Some permissions seem to be false. Go to /etc/opt/gnome/gconf and then make
ls -lR | less
Look for some files or directories which are not readable and (for
directories) accessible. The permissions for directories should be
'drwxr-xr-x root root', for files it should be '-rw-r--r-- root root'. If you
have found some, please report them, so I can try to fix this.

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lur_x gmx net  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/