[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Audio problems

Damien Sandras wrote:
> You don't tell what audio problems you have...
> cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp : did you try that? Do you hear yourself talking
> when executing that command? Is what you hear the electronic echo or
> your voice recorded and played back?

I hear the recording after a delay, in addition to the immediate
electronic echo, as should be expected in a functioning setup.

> Try to play a file and record yourself at the same time and see if it
> works.

Well, as I said in my original posting, I already checked that my card
works in full duplex mode, doing just that. It functions flawlessly.

> It is also perhaps a VPN configuration problem... If you are
> behind the VPN gateway, then it is the same problem as being NATted...

As far as I know this is not the case. I'm connecting through a 'vanilla'
dialup connection to an ISP. One of the two computers I tried connecting
to has the same type of connection, and doesn't seem to have any problems
running NetMeeting with no special tweaking.
I have an internal VPN on my computer, but I don't think it is related in
any way. As I said, listening on the PPP connection shows packets routed
out to the ILS directory with my correct (dynamically allocated) address.

Would someone care to try and debug this condition with me from the other
side?! It might be helpful to see what the computer on the other side sees
during the connection.

Thanks again,
Tuvik

               Tuvik Beker
      P.O. Box 571, Givatayim 53104
Tel. (972) 3 5714436    Fax. (972) 3 7322106
           tuvik cns tau ac il