Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting crashes suddenly

le jeu 18-07-2002 à 14:05, Antonio Carlos Ribeiro Nogueira a écrit :
> I don't know what is happening, but I am trying to run Gnomemeeting
> under Linux-Mandrake 8.2 in a Pentium III 850 MHz, with at
> least 4Gb of HD allowable space, connected a LAN fairly fast. Well,

What version of GnomeMeeting?
0.93.0?

> first I as soon Gnomemeeting pops up, I receive the following message:
> "No gatekeeper found". I don't know how to configure "H.323 Gatekeeper
> Settings". What must input in the "Gatekeeper host" and in the
> "Gatekeeper ID" box? Please, if it exisits especific numbers (IP's) or

If you don't have a gatekeeper, then you should not choose to register
to it. You should select "Do not register to a gatekeeper", which is the
default option.

> Machine Names, please give me some numbers of examples I can use. May I
> leave them blank?
> After that I found a ILS Directory "netmeeting.cable.net.co" I met a lot
> of people logged on. But when I call some of them, I receive the
> following error message: "Error while opening video device /dev/video0/,
> channel 1 A teste image will be transmitted. When the my image starts to

It is because you have no video camera for device /dev/video0, channel
1. Channel 0 is a more common setting. Channel 1 is in general not for
webcam, but is for TV cards. You should use default settings.

> be transmitted, Gnomemeeting crashes. The smae happens when I try to see
> my self image. I can get the image for a very short time and then
> Gnomemeeting crashes reporting me an "Segmentation Fault" and telling me

Can you provide a stack trace in gdb? It is probably a bug in pwlib or
GnomeMeeting triggered by a malfunction of your video driver. What is
your video driver? It can also be a conflict between installed OpenH323
and PWlib libraries. It happens when you are using conflicting libraries
that were not compiled together, or when you install things using
--force.

> to go to visit the Homepage of "Gnome  Application Crash" for more
> information. I am not being able to send messages. I digit and send the
> messages, but they don't arrives to the other people. But I am receiving
> the images of the remote machines I am connected. When I use xawtv the
> cam is working fine also. I can see my self image also without crashing.
> Hope you may help me

Without stack trace it is very difficult. Nobody never reported any
crash due to video problems since the begin GnomeMeeting. If you provide
the video driver and the version of GnomeMeeting you are using, perhaps
we can help. Also, the last release of GnomeMeeting 0.93, you should at
least upgrade to this version and see if the problem still occurs. Huge
improvements have been made in GnomeMeeting 0.93 (which requires Gnome2
libraries).