[GnomeMeeting-list] T.120 text-chat

Hello everyone!

I know that this has been discussed quite a lot before,
so I don't intend to kkep on nagging about it.

However, regarding the (non) possibility to perform
text-chat with MS Netmeeting users,
I learned that it would require implementation of
the T.120 protocol, which is currently not available
for Linux.

I don't know any programming, so I wouldn't be able to help. ;)
And I fully understand and also respect that you developers
need to focus on other things more important than T.120.

Anyway, as I understand, the T.120 protocol comprises a lot
of functionality such as desktop sharing and file transfer, correct?
So I'm just wondering, in order to implement T.120 text-chat
into GM, must the T.120 protocol as a whole be ported?
Wouldn't it be possible to initially only port the T.120 "text-chat"
feature, and not the other features?

Again, I'm not a developer, and therefore not very knowledgeable,
but wouldn't implementing text-chat only be more or less
as much (little) work as it were implementing GM's domestic
text-chat feature?

Hakon