Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Some news of the development

Damien Sandras wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:50:29AM -0800, Auzie Morgan wrote:

Damien Sandras wrote:

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:19:46AM -0800, Auzie Morgan wrote:

Well darn, but ok as I ween computer off windows dependacies Ill make
sure I get my
little brother into doing the patch..

Winov Videum cards? I think the author of the driver tried to take a
look at this but I
noticed in the past it didn't get much posted about it. This may seem
sad but I have an
old USR Big picture card that really doesn't like the new bttv driver,
and I have a winov
board.. I suppose I could pick up another webcam ( gave my dlink to the
family so they
could video conf with us), but I already have two capture boards..

You are not the only one to report problems with the Winnov Videum Card.
I think that the video part of PWLib that gnomemeeting uses to open, close
and capture the card should be rewritten and use code from xawtv. That should
give compatibility with all cards that work with xawtv...

Perhaps I'll work on this one day, but I still have many things I want
to see implemented into GM before that...
I understand but atleast its being approached..

My bttv gets huge lag initialzing, and winov doesn't seem to get picked
up right by GM..

Any ideas on why the USR BigPicture cards are such a pain on the new bttv.o driver? I tried
several tips in the docs on it but nothing seemed to get it to init quicker.. Like takes 5 minutes..
Yet windows works fine.. and I use to use this card back in the 2.2 days.. with little trouble..

Damien Sandras wrote:

Hi all :)

I'm sending some news of the development. We have worked a lot on the
next release of GnomeMeeting which is still not ready. It will take
about one more month till the next release, but the CVS will still be
feature-full in a few days. It has taken a longer time to do this
release because of Christmas, New Year, because I had to prepare my talk
for the Linux Expo in Paris, and I'm also one of the organisators of the
FOSDEM (see http://www.fosdem.org); I hope to see some of you at this
event.

What will be new in 0.13 ?

- Basic text Chat support with the remote party (thanks to Roger for the
ideas and the changes in ohphone)
- Ability to change all options on the fly during calls (we made small
patches that Robert of Equivalence included into their CVS, I really
want to thank him for that)
- Gconf support
- Imp roved Gatekeeper support
- New LDAP browser (Miguel Rodriguez should work on it)
- New icons thanks to the work of Jakub Steiner (yes, the guy who drew
the wonderful Gnome icons, nautilus icons, evolution icons, ...) Thanks
a lot again.
- XDAP support thanks to Paul Ashton (Ability to register correctly to
all ILS directories and to LDAP servers)
- Call forwarding support
- Any other feature that you would like to propose or implement ;)

This release will take a longer time to work, as Im also working a lot
for the FOSDEM in my free time.

Thanks to all of you who report bugs and encourage me to continue. We
try to innovate to bring you a better product :-)