Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Some news of the development

This all sounds good, You guys are still my number one Linux Open Source video conf tool. By the way any Suse 7.3 rpms comming? Or semi distro nuetral src rpms? Not that I get much traffic but Ill be sure to put together a try out story about this next rev..

Only enhancment I could posible add, and if I missed it being done already oh well.. But why not figure out how to get GM to detect the NetMeeting and send it the right codec rather than having NetMeeting users patch NetMeeting? Calling my lil bro n mom would be a bit easier that way :). . . Oh and has anyone figured out why Winov boards were not working yet?

Damien Sandras wrote:

Hi all :)

I'm sending some news of the development. We have worked a lot on the
next release of GnomeMeeting which is still not ready. It will take
about one more month till the next release, but the CVS will still be
feature-full in a few days. It has taken a longer time to do this
release because of Christmas, New Year, because I had to prepare my talk
for the Linux Expo in Paris, and I'm also one of the organisators of the
FOSDEM (see http://www.fosdem.org); I hope to see some of you at this
event.

What will be new in 0.13 ?

- Basic text Chat support with the remote party (thanks to Roger for the
ideas and the changes in ohphone)
- Ability to change all options on the fly during calls (we made small
patches that Robert of Equivalence included into their CVS, I really
want to thank him for that)
- Gconf support - Improved Gatekeeper support
- New LDAP browser (Miguel Rodriguez should work on it)
- New icons thanks to the work of Jakub Steiner (yes, the guy who drew
the wonderful Gnome icons, nautilus icons, evolution icons, ...) Thanks
a lot again.
- XDAP support thanks to Paul Ashton (Ability to register correctly to
all ILS directories and to LDAP servers)
- Call forwarding support
- Any other feature that you would like to propose or implement ;)

This release will take a longer time to work, as Im also working a lot
for the FOSDEM in my free time.

Thanks to all of you who report bugs and encourage me to continue. We
try to innovate to bring you a better product :-)