Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help troubleshooting Gnomemeeting

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:06:18AM -0500, Erik Reuter wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:26:28AM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > I must admit that I'm not sure of this one.  I will ask to somebody
> > who knows and recontact you!
>
> I just ran another Gnomemeeting connection with Andy, with the --debug
> log going. I disconnected and quit GM right after the incoming video
> froze, so the problem should be near the end of the debug log, which I
> just put at the URL
>
>   http://erikreuter.net/gm.debug_20020112x2
>
> I hope we can solve this problem! I like gnomemeeting, and I have made a
> lot of progress so far (now I can speak to Andy and hear Andy), so now
> if only I can see Andy for more than a few seconds I will be happy!
>
> I wonder if the problem could be related to my kernel or version of H.323.
> I have kernel 2.4.17, and libopenh323 version 1.7.4-4.

Well, I had an answer about my question about that codec implementation :
This implementation of H.261 is able to cope with packet loss, but
not if it is a huge packet loss. In that case, the image will freeze as
you experienced with me. That is the  confirmation of what I thought.
However, I have no idea why there is such a huge packet loss when high bandwidth machines contact you.