Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help troubleshooting Gnomemeeting

le ven 11-01-2002 à 05:09, Erik Reuter a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:35:57AM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > le jeu 10-01-2002 ? 03:49, Erik Reuter a ?crit :
> >
> > > I'm running GnomeMeeting 0.12.2, Linux kernel 2.4.17, ALSA
> > > sound module, and a WinTV model 401 video capture card with a
> > > BT878 chip. My computer is connected to a D-Link DI-713P cable
> > > router/firewall which is connected to a cable modem (Optimum Online
> > > ISP) but my Linux box is on the "DMZ" IP of the D-Link, meaning
> > > that the firewall is supposed to pass all the packets on to my
> > > Linux box (no filtering, theoretically).
> > >
> > > I am trying to make an audio/video connection with Andy. We can
> > > make a connection (either one of us can call the other), and my
> > > computer can send video and audio which Andy is able to receive
> > > (i.e., Andy can see and hear me). But I receive neither video nor
> > > audio from Andy. Andy is also running Gnomemeeting 0.12.2 and ALSA,
> > > has video transmission enabled, and Andy's Gnomemeeting can read
> > > the camera and display it locally. Also, Andy is able to record and
> > > playback sound with sox, but I cannot receive any sound from Andy
> > > when we are connected with Gnomemeeting (i.e., I cannot see or hear
> > > Andy).
> >

> > Perhaps that Andy has a broken configuration for Audio. However, for
> > video, it should work.
>
> I'm not sure why you say this. If Andy can record and playback sound
> with sox, then Andy's sound config is working, isn't it?

Yes

> > Well, GnomeMeeting uses the port that are in the FAQ. You should try
> > to enable H.245 Tunneling and Andy too. It will remove a port.  If you
> > enable H.245 Tunneling, GnomeMeeting should only use 1720 and some
> > random UDP ports for audio and video. There are no other ports.
>
> Okay, we enabled H.245 tunneling, but I still can neither see nor hear
> Andy. I see a connection (using netstat) on port 1720, but nothing on
> any other ports. Andy can see and hear me with no difficulty.

Try to open UDP ports 5000 and 5001 ...

> > Yes, please go on the IRC channel, #gnomemeeting, server irc.gnome.org
> > I'm not present, but there are several people there that could help
> > you.
>
> I just tried that channel. There was only one person responding, acetyl
> (acetyl has a microphone, but no camera). I connected with acetyl
> using Gnomemeeting and acetyl could see and hear me, but I could not
> hear acetyl (obviously I could not see acetyl due to acetyl having no
> camera).
>
> It appears the problem is with my computer configuration, or with the
> packets not getting through to my computer. I ran a portscan with
> nmap on my computer from Andy's computer, and got the results below
> (Gnomemeeting was running on my computer during the port scan, but I was
> not connected with anyone at the time).
>
> I put the output of gnomemeeting --debug during my connection
> with Andy onto my webserver (it is quite long). The URL is
> http://erikreuter.net/gm.debug

It seems that you are transmitting.
I only see one solution to your problem : your firewall.
The ultimate test that you can do is to get rid of the firewall and
connect your computer directly to the internet.

Im nearly sure that your firewall is dropping packets.