Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problems

Damien,

I definitelly have a problem with mixers. See below. But this one could be more
important: you told me to look after ARTSD. I told you I can't see it, but I was
wrong. It's there...

artsd -F 10 -S 4096

Is this wrong?

> It is impossible that the mixer settings change to 0 after a call. They
> can be set to 0 before the call. But you can change that into
> GnomeMeeting in the control panel. Have you tried to set values to the
> maximum? If Value are set to 0, it is normal to hear nothing.

I know. I always check the two controls for sound to be sure none of them are to
minimum. Yes, I tried large values for settings if not maximum, like over 90%. It
might be that not GM is turning the mixer to mute, but I don't know who. That's
certain that I'm not able to talk / listen in conference.

> Moreover, have you installed alsa or are u running the OSS driver from
> teh kernel?.

I installed ALSA and all seems to be OK. If I run lsmod I can see the modules I
specified in /etc/modules.conf, like in the ALSA doc. Also, I told you, before
ALSA no sound recording application worked properly. In the kernel there is OSS
support, but as module.

Now, I discovered that rc.sysinit starts some aumix-minimal which loads some mixer

settings from /etc/.aumixrc. I tried to write this as convenient, but still the
mixer settings after boot-up are different. Who else can alter my mixer settings?

It could be because of KDE? kmix is refusing to appear when I start it from the
terminal, though I can see the process with ps -ax.

Regards, Adrian