Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problems

Damien,

Thank you for your reply

> 1) Read the FAQ

I have done it before. Of course not entirely, but what was regarding the
sound. Except for that thing "being natted" which I don't know what it means,
I haven't found anything helpful in my case.

> 2) Check that no daemon is blocking the soundcard (ESD or ARTSD)

I don't know about these. I checked 'ps -ax' and none appeared.

> 3) does cat /dev/dsp > /dev/dsp work ?

Yes. I can hear my echo. I can't do loopback in gnomemeeting though.

> 4) Are you behind a firewall ?

No. 56k modem, dinamic allocated IP.

I saw your new release. I tried upgrading but since I'm still on RedHat 7.1
it seems like I have too much to upgrade. If you think the new release could
solve my sound problem, I will give it a try.

Paying more attention to new boot, it seems like my 'audunmute' started from
'rc.local' doesn't work (at boot time). I should try many times to be sure.
Could this be related to my lack of sound in GM? I told you that after
connection with another GM the mixer seems to set all the values at zero.

Cheers, Adrian