Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Tests : please

Hopefully the patch for pwlib stable found on www.gnomemeeting.org/snapshots should fix that.

> > That is why I made a patch on pwlib. you have to use the current
> > pwlib, and apply the patch (if pwlib is extracted in /opt to be in /opt/pwlib,
> > just cd /opt, do patch -p 0 < video4linux_patch, compile and install the new lib.)
> >
> > Everything can be found on http://www.gnomemeeting.org/snapshots/
> >
> > I really need that you test that before submitting to Equivalence because
> > I need to be sure that my patch works fine and improves things!
> > Please, please test!
>
> okay, i did that! look for my build instructions here:
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/pwlib/pwlib.ext
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/openh323/openh323.ext
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/ext/gnomemeeting/gnomemeeting.ext
>
> as you can see i took ur patched version of openh323 and also applied the patch to
> pwlib.

Seems to be ok.

> here are the build logs:
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-pwlib.log
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-openh323.log
> http://www.hackdaworld.dyndns.org/filez/projects/rock/logs/e-gnomemeeting.log
>
> well, this all looks good for me. though i am still unable to select a video device
> (also tried starting xawtv before - btw, xawtv just displays in b&w colors after
> having launched gm - well at least thats what i think ;)
>
> regards, frank

It is not the same problem :
formerly, you had to launch the xawtv program to make the video device work,
but now, the video device is not selectable anymore. It means that it is
not auto-detected. There must be a bug in the auto-detection routine
in video4linux.cxx. Can you try to see what happens ?

Am I right if I say that the device is not selectable ? If so, it is because
it is not detected.

So, I understand your problem like that :
- in 0.12.2, the device was detected, but unusable without xawtv
- in 0.84, it is not detected anymore

Right?