Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] bug with miro pctv

le jeu 28-02-2002 à 11:53, Narboux Julien a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Congratulation for this new release, it looks good !
>
> I have tried yesterday version 0.84 with a friend,  the installation
> went smoothly on my mdk8.1 but my friend encountered the gconf bug on
> his mdk8.0 but it is working as root.

He should try the chmod -R 4755 /etc/gcond/schema.defaults :-)

> The sound is working well.
>
> We have had problems with the video :
>
> First we were looking for the video codec list it is not here anymore : why?

There never was a video codecs list as there is only one codec that is
supported for video. So no need for a list till now :)

> Then we checked the "transmit video" box in the pref (Wouldn't better to
> have it checked by default ? isn't it a VIDEOconf tool ? )

No, because many people don't have a webcam and I think that it is
important that people can use GnomeMeeting without webcam. However,
there are some decisions like this one that could be revised in next
release.

> We both can see ourselves but I couldn't transmit video. I got an error
> opening the video device. It is strange because before the call I can
> see my face !
> I am using a toucam pro (740) with kernel 2.4.17mdk.

I don't have that problem, but I encountered somebody on IRC who had the
same problem. Can you repeat the test with video preview disabled before
the call ? That way it should work.

What happens is that the video device is reset just when the call begins
to prevent a problem that I had with pwlib. However, some drivers return
from the close ioctl before the device is closed. That means that the
consecutive open will fail.

Anyway tell me if it works with preview disabled. You can connect to
heraclite.info.ucl.ac.be to test.

> By the way if I select my miro pctv as video device, I can see the tv
> (black and white)
> but if I switch to secam it crashes the whole system !

Wow!

Bug in the driver ?
Only a bug in a kernel module can crash the whole system.
The slackware packager had the same problem with the bt* driver, but not
me.