Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Final solution

sön 2002-02-03 klockan 16.29 skrev Damien Sandras:
>   I have thought about all the mails, and I came in #usability to discuss
>   with usability experts.
>   I discussed with :
>   kiko and mpt (Mozilla UI design person)
>
>   It seems that keeping the prefs button is a good point given that we can
>   need a very quick access.
>
>   It seems that having 2 toolbars is a good point too compared to a unique
>   toolbar with all the buttons that would make to app look too wide.
>
>   It seems that the vertical toolbar doesn't break usability, but is is preferable
>   to have 2 horizontal toolbars than a vertical toolbar as it is not common
>   for most of the applications.
>
>   You see, all of us had good ideas, but they had the key with the good solution:
>
>   * first toolbar (or second one) : URL, with the connect/disconnect button on
>   the right
>
>   * second toolbar : LDAP browser / Chat window / Prefs window || video preview /
>   Mute Audio / Mute video (with a red cross on the icon when it is muted).
>   Other buttons go away. But we still do not know if the URL should be the first
>   or the second toolbar !
>
>   That closes the thread, and what I like with this kind of things, is that
>   I was not 100% wrong (it happens), and you were not 100 %wrong neither.
>   We should have gone in #usability before.

Thanks for taking the initiative to discuss with other usability people.
That's great. Discussions are great, flame fests are not.

For those on the mailing list that want to know what's going on
currently, there is another discussion now, and seth (head GNOME
usability guy) even offered to do a mockup of a completely new GM
interface that should make most people happy. Hooray!

Christian