[GnomeMeeting-list] Final solution
- From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
- To: gnomemeeting-list gnome org
- Subject: [GnomeMeeting-list] Final solution
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:29:28 +0100
I have thought about all the mails, and I came in #usability to discuss
with usability experts.
I discussed with :
kiko and mpt (Mozilla UI design person)
It seems that keeping the prefs button is a good point given that we can
need a very quick access.
It seems that having 2 toolbars is a good point too compared to a unique
toolbar with all the buttons that would make to app look too wide.
It seems that the vertical toolbar doesn't break usability, but is is preferable
to have 2 horizontal toolbars than a vertical toolbar as it is not common
for most of the applications.
You see, all of us had good ideas, but they had the key with the good solution:
* first toolbar (or second one) : URL, with the connect/disconnect button on
* second toolbar : LDAP browser / Chat window / Prefs window || video preview /
Mute Audio / Mute video (with a red cross on the icon when it is muted).
Other buttons go away. But we still do not know if the URL should be the first
or the second toolbar !
That closes the thread, and what I like with this kind of things, is that
I was not 100% wrong (it happens), and you were not 100 %wrong neither.
We should have gone in #usability before.
_ Damien Sandras
(o- GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
//\ web: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
v_/_ FOSDEM 2002 - Free Software and Open Source Developers Meeting -
] [Thread Prev