Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] I want my users advice

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 20:43, Christian Rose wrote:
> Nevertheless, this thread was more about the need for a vertical toolbar
> than unneeded buttons. But even if GnomeMeeting has few buttons, it has
> more than should be (see the Preferences button), and more buttons add
> clutter. Also, there is no good reason for the toolbar to be vertical,
> it could just as easily be a horizontal one. If two horizontal toolbars
> are too much to show at once, then the second one can be hidden by
> default (I think it should be). But I still like the one toolbar
> approach better.
>

> Christian

I don't consider 5 or 6 buttons exactly being a lot of buttons for an
app, and gnomemeeting isn't a normal app where the whole thing resizes
as the video is static, making the most of the space with a simple
vertical toolbar just seems the right thing to do, making an app work
like everything else isn't always the way to go, it depends on the app,
and having an unconventional setup isn't exactly a bad thing, look at
the gimp, it's one of if not the most popular and powerful apps out
there, and it's interface is anything but conventional using right click
for mostly everything and having a separate toolbox window full of
buttons, but it works well, and it's a good setup for that app's needs.
Screen space is important to people, and having another horizontal
toolbar is just going to make it taller and bigger, while having a
solution already implemented that fits gnomemeeting's needs, keeping it
compact and just as functional.

--
 .: OverrideX
 .: Jabber: OverrideX