Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Troubleshooting

Le lun 29/04/2002 à 17:03, Jürgen Braetz a écrit :
> Am Montag, 29. April 2002 16:39 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > No use dialup-connection without firewall..
> >
> > How can you have a private IP address in that case?
>
> We misunderstood each other. I meant on the ILS. I got dynamic IP through
> dialup-connection and this isn't recognized on argo.dyndns.org

You have a private IP registered on argo.dyndns.org because the computer
you are running GnomeMeeting on has a private address... Or perhaps
because you have 2 interfaces and GM is registering with the wrong
one... We will try to install the patch ASAP on argo.dyndns.org to not
register internal IP's.

> But will GM work with NM on the following system:
>
> GM on Suse7.3 with dialup-connection to a suse 7.3 dialin.server.
> Then the connect should go to the win2000 connected to the dialin-server.
>
> What have i to consider about this?

I have no idea about how such dialup systems work...
If both machines (the SUSE 7.3, and the win2000) that are connected to
the dialin-server get a public IP, then it will work. If they get both a
private IP address that is routed on the internet by other means (NAT),
it will not work without the NAT module.
GM doesn't see that there is a dialing-server or not.

So yes it should work, but don't try to use video with dialup
connections, you won't have enough bandwidth to receive audio+video.
Audio alone is ok though.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/