Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]RE: Anyone want to get an ICQ list as aregistry to find those of us with this tool?

On 30 Oct 2001 16:26:46 +0100
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> le mar 30-10-2001 à 03:00, Auzie Morgan a écrit :
> > I know the overall Ohphone system that openH323 came from had chat and white
> > boards, the only reason I have not used it more is that its such a royal
> > pain to build, like the Mbone sites.. Vic and Rat all work if you get the
> > right combo of tools together but building it all was a major chore but now
> > that the linux's are all more up todate its gotten a little easier..
> >
> Mmmh ohphone doesn't come with chat and white board. otherwise it should
> have been easy for me to add support for it in gnomemeeting
Maybe the white board was on the mbone site, my bad.. but still it would be a cool feature down the road..

> > The first part meant that Gnomemeeting is cool :) , but you probably got
> > that.. What I have noticed is that too a point windows will dynamically
> > scale most of these cams Ive tried, even though the cam its self say only
> > does 322 x 288 max you can make it do a sloppy 640 x 480 most of the time
> > and can always get a smaller pic out of them.  I think thats done through
> > some second layer other than the driver its self, So if the step that
> > grabbed the video dev did some scalling and was not persay using overlay
> > mode it may make the picture in picture view (local and remote view) work a
> > little more reliable.. Although doing  local video in seperate window like
> > netmeeting would also work.
> Yes, there is a scaling if your driver doesn't support natively the CIF
> or QCIF sizes. That depends on the driver.
Ive read that that plays a big role,,

> > Why do I bring this up? When I had an IBM ICIT cam call a dlink picture in
> > picture mode didn't work on the IBM cam unit and the Dlink unit would not
> > display the IBM cams feed right.. But then again this was all in .10..
> >
> > I can only asume that if I used a bttv or winov capture card and camcorder
> > things would work a bit better?
> >
> All that depends on the driver.

Tell me about it :) , Im still seeking a really good webcam, but I think I will aim for getting another bttv based card instead..

> With more info, we can add a better support for your webcams in
> GnomeMeeting (pwlib).
> Start it with -d, and see what fails.
Ill try some runs with -d and see if I can get us all some more data about this..