Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]RE: Anyone want to get an ICQ list as aregistry to find those of us with this tool?

le mar 30-10-2001 à 03:00, Auzie Morgan a écrit :
> I know the overall Ohphone system that openH323 came from had chat and white
> boards, the only reason I have not used it more is that its such a royal
> pain to build, like the Mbone sites.. Vic and Rat all work if you get the
> right combo of tools together but building it all was a major chore but now
> that the linux's are all more up todate its gotten a little easier..

Mmmh ohphone doesn't come with chat and white board. otherwise it should
have been easy for me to add support for it in gnomemeeting

> The first part meant that Gnomemeeting is cool :) , but you probably got
> that.. What I have noticed is that too a point windows will dynamically
> scale most of these cams Ive tried, even though the cam its self say only
> does 322 x 288 max you can make it do a sloppy 640 x 480 most of the time
> and can always get a smaller pic out of them.  I think thats done through
> some second layer other than the driver its self, So if the step that
> grabbed the video dev did some scalling and was not persay using overlay
> mode it may make the picture in picture view (local and remote view) work a
> little more reliable.. Although doing  local video in seperate window like
> netmeeting would also work.
Yes, there is a scaling if your driver doesn't support natively the CIF
or QCIF sizes. That depends on the driver.

> Why do I bring this up? When I had an IBM ICIT cam call a dlink picture in
> picture mode didn't work on the IBM cam unit and the Dlink unit would not
> display the IBM cams feed right.. But then again this was all in .10..
>
> I can only asume that if I used a bttv or winov capture card and camcorder
> things would work a bit better?

All that depends on the driver.
With more info, we can add a better support for your webcams in
GnomeMeeting (pwlib).
Start it with -d, and see what fails.