Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]RE: Anyone want to get an ICQ list as aregistry to find those of us with this tool?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com>
To: <gnomemeeting-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 12:44 AM
Subject: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]RE: Anyone want to get an ICQ list as

le lun 29-10-2001 à 17:21, Auzie Morgan a écrit :
> Maybe on gnomemeeting.org, or if anyone wants my site, auzievision.com has
forums but spaceports blocks my scripts from emailing so if you sign up you
need to email me to set your password.. like I think this is great but when
I wildly took it for a spin on ILS servers I was hard pressed to find other
users to connect with..

Yes an ICQ list would be interesting...
A gabber list too...
Any idea on how to do that ?

One offline way to do this (none ILS way) Is to either use something like
PHPNuke or a web based forum as a regestry point, then we can all start
building up our contact lists in ICQ or Jabber or GAIM and when we are
online check in with eachother for testing / using Gnomemeeting with one and
other.
For example on my site if a member puts his or her ICQ AIM etc.. (Jabbers
not on the list but could be. ) Into their profile others could easily add
that person later to their messanger list. Ive been using the newer GAIM
when Im in linux as it has plugin support for almost all the chat tools.
Even IRC..

> PS Chat and white board? any time soon? (some how those should also be
compatable with netmeeting)

Mhh, this needs T.120 support which is difficult to implement.
I think it will never be implemented.
However, chat support (also T.120 support) could be a nice idea.
Anybody wants to investigate on this ?
OpenH323 has preliminary support for T.120.

I know the overall Ohphone system that openH323 came from had chat and white
boards, the only reason I have not used it more is that its such a royal
pain to build, like the Mbone sites.. Vic and Rat all work if you get the
right combo of tools together but building it all was a major chore but now
that the linux's are all more up todate its gotten a little easier..

> No matter what THIS ROCKS, I cant wait for this to mature a bit more,
>
> PS Ive tried several cams, IBMCAM, ov511 with 640x480 able cams, and my
cheapo 0v511 based Dlink cam.. The one thing I noticed is size and overlay
(picture in picture) does not work right with many of them, so Maybe a
display layer that some how fixes the image before the app gets it / sends
it.. kinda like a none /dev/video0 layer that is more screen shootable and
stable even if its a little slower?

I don't understand what you mean...

The first part meant that Gnomemeeting is cool :) , but you probably got
that.. What I have noticed is that too a point windows will dynamically
scale most of these cams Ive tried, even though the cam its self say only
does 322 x 288 max you can make it do a sloppy 640 x 480 most of the time
and can always get a smaller pic out of them.  I think thats done through
some second layer other than the driver its self, So if the step that
grabbed the video dev did some scalling and was not persay using overlay
mode it may make the picture in picture view (local and remote view) work a
little more reliable.. Although doing  local video in seperate window like
netmeeting would also work.

Why do I bring this up? When I had an IBM ICIT cam call a dlink picture in
picture mode didn't work on the IBM cam unit and the Dlink unit would not
display the IBM cams feed right.. But then again this was all in .10..

I can only asume that if I used a bttv or winov capture card and camcorder
things would work a bit better?

Damien Sandras

GnomeMeeting - H.323 Video-Conferencing application -
  web: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
FOSDEM 2002  - Free Software and Open Source Developers Meeting -
  web: http://www.fosdem.org/