Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Gnomemeeting crashes while displaying ILS users list

le dim 11-11-2001 à 17:46, ysengrin a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new gnomemeeting user (and videoconference). I installed for few
> weeks the Mandrake 8.1 on my box and tried to run gnomemeeting.
> It's working fine localy (I mean the displayed video is correct and
> better then this displayed by Microsoft/netmeeting...  thanks).
>
> I get troubles when trying to get users list from the ILS :
> - gnomemeeting connects to the ILS
> - retrieves connected users
> - starts to display the list (users names are displayed, but scrollbar
> isn't) ... then crashes (both gnomeeting ILS users list and main
> gnomemeeting frames are freezed).

It happened with some ILS directories in 0.11 : some ILS directories
return empty results for some fields. 0.12 will be released in a week or
two and that bug is fixed ... Moreover ILS support has been rewritten
and seems to be more robust.

> - Modem Elsa microlink 56k (I know, it will be hard... but Netmeeting
> did it so I'll try with gnomemeeting)

Yes really hard... Some of Netmeeting's codecs are better than the
codecs available for GnomeMeeting. Unfortunately they are not open
source, and they are patented.

> Some comments :
>
> Some french words are displayed in the help page (--help) like DRAPEAUX
> (I guess it doesn't exist in english?). Maybe IUG stands for GUI ?

Christian could you look at this ? (Christian is the i18n maintainer).

> It will be nice to modify configure.in in order to test if
> gdk-pixbuf-devel is installed (gdk-pixbuf.h). Mine wasn't and the make
> command failed...

I'll try to remember to add a test.

> The ILS users list is displayed faster than with Microsoft/Netmeeting
> (From my own experience)
>
> That's all, could anyone help me?
> Thank in advance.

I hope it helps you ! :-)