Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] usb webcam audio problem?

le ven 21-12-2001 à 12:51, Alexander Tuchacek a écrit :

> > Well I don't know what happens on your system, but I'm certain that if
> > the message says that /dev/dsp1 is set as recording device, it should
> > work. But again, it is not clear for me.
> > * Could you choose /dev/dsp1 without having to add it manually yourself
> > in the preferences? I mean, was /dev/dsp1 a valid choice?
>
> no i can only xhoos loopback and /dev/dsp !!
>
> alex

Well, then I know why it doesn't work!
The device is not automatically detected at startup. If the device is
not detected, then it will not be useable.
There can be several reasons for that :
- the device is occuppied by another process when you startup, and it is
not detected because of that : kill artsd and esd to try.
- you don't have the right permissions : have you tried as root ?
- the module is not loaded when you startup : try lsmod | grep audio, is
the audio.o module loaded ?

Well I can't see something else because the auto-detection works fine
here.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/