Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] install problems

Damien Sandras wrote:

> le dim 09-12-2001 à 16:47, Jean-frederic Clere a écrit :
> > >
> > > * do you mean no sound between GM and NM, or only between GM's ?
> >
> > Between GM's.
>
> Is it a problem on both GM's ?
>

> > > * are you firewalled ?
> >
> > No I use a LAN cable between 2 PC's... Could it be that one IP port is already
> > used by something else?
> >

> > > * is your micro audio volume set to a high value ?
> >
> > Sure, that the first thing I have done ;-)
> Have you tested to record with grecord (for example), does it work ?
> Are you under KDE perhaps ? with artsd which blocks the soundcard ?

I have found the following:
starting gnomemeeting and then gmix helps: it works.
starting gnomemeeting and then kdemixer: I noted that the mic is marked in red
(current record source), unselecting it fixes the problem.
So I have a work -around for KDE and GNOME ;-)

I have noted that grecord could start gmix, would it possible to do the same in
gnomemeeting that would save some lines of code and fix my problem.

> > Ok, but I am not sure I will be able to improve the driver.
> >

> Simply mail them...

;-) I wrote a part of this driver, that why I am not sure...