Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] install problems

On 2001.12.08 17:16:10 +0100 Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
> Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Excellent!
> >
> > For your audio problems, try to read the end of the FAQ.
> > If it doesn't fix your problem, mail us.
>
> I have fixed it but only partialy... I have 2 PC's on a small LAN but the
> results
> are partial.
> I have video on both, but sound only work one direction. Any hints?

The same hints as in the FAQ ;-)

I have no enough details to help you.

* do you mean no sound between GM and NM, or only between GM's ?
* are you using alsa ?
* are you firewalled ?
* is your micro audio volume set to a high value ?

> I have another problem the quickcams I am using are hanging from time to
> time
> (USB problems, the result with xawtv is just some coloured lines).
> The problem I have with gnonemetting is that the video transfert is
> interrupted
> and I have no way to restart it (both local display go on working ok, but
> one of
> PC's stops receiving.
> Is there a way to restart to the video transfert?

No, no way. I guess that it must disturb the encoding algorithm and that it
shut downs the stream.
It is a driver problem it seems, unfortunately, and I can't help on this.
but currently, it is not possible to stop, start, channels on the fly. Only
to pause them.