Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Newbie: slow video

le dim 09-12-2001 à 18:15, Paul Nixon a écrit :
> Hello Damien,
>
> I tried your suggestions and they did help. However, I still see severe
> picture breakup on the Netmeeting end over my LAN. Frame rate improved
> considerably, but not quite what I was expecting (I think I'm getting about
> 2 fps now). And no, I am not using any sort of bandwidth limit.

I know that there can be problems on netmeeting about the refresh of the
pictures, but on my own LAN, I get a lot more frames per second.
Is it a problem with your webcam driver ? A problem with your network
card ? Have you tried from GM to GM?

> Since I'm running Mandrake 8.0 and I saw something about Mandrake RPMs
> sometimes causing problems, I wonder if there might be something missing
> from my install?

I don't think so, or it would not have worked.

> Also, I attempted to install Gnomemeeting Mandrake RPMs onto an older
> Mandrake (7.2) system and it complained about libc6 or something like that.
> I am somewhat familiar with that error and understand I would have to
> install new libraries. However, before I attempt to delve into that can you
> advise me if there are any issues I might face? The last thing I want to do
> is create a problem on the 7.2 system since it is my primary server. I have
> thought about upgrading it to a newer version but it is running very
> smoothly and I don't want to get bogged down in reconfiguring my firewall,
> etc.

My advice is : don't do it !
Perhaps try to use older RPMS or to compile it yourself on this
computer, but don't break your computer in installing GnomeMeeting RPMS
needing a newer libc. It will break everything.