Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RPMS removed

le mar 04-12-2001 à 11:03, Jeff Mills a écrit :
> On Tuesday 04 December 2001 20:59, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > What was the problem a couple of weeks ago? The crash when hitting the
> > cross ?
> > I don't remember...
>
> Yes, I mentioned that problem to you last time. You were going to install KDE
> yourself to test it.

Ah, I'm happy again, I thought that you were talking about the weird
charachters problem. The crash under KDE is another problem.
I think I have a solution for it. But I still have not installed KDE.

But the weird characters problem is a problem encountered on Mandrake
and Redhat. I don't know why. But it leads to other problems too.

Are you ready to compile again from scratch?

> > In fact, it seems that the compilation environnement can corrupt things.
> > I wonder if it is not a problem of flags while compiling OpenH323, if
> > flags are different from GnomeMeeting flags.
> >
> > Anyway, we have a redhat user in the developpers, and it none of the
> > developers or testers (we are about 7 or 8 to compile GM every day)
> > encoutered that problem.
>
> It seems to be a Mandrake only problem, but I have no idea why. I wouldnt
> even know where to start looking.
> Unfortunately, my programming knowledge is basically zero these days, but I
> can sometimes help trouble shoot problems.

It is a compilation environnement problem. If you compile from the
sources, it works. If you rebuild the rpm, it leads to the weird
characters problem and memory corruption. We don't know why.
But again, are you ready to compile from scratch?