Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Bad review about Ekiga

Le mardi 30 mai 2006 à 15:29 +0200, Conrad a écrit :

[...]

> What I notice though with Ekiga compared to Gnomemeeting is that Ekiga tends
> to be very sluggish to react on user action.
>
> On my machine, starting Ekiga takes ages (even the internet radio on xmms
> drops one or two times for a couple of seconds - its sound goes to a
> different audio card than Ekiga - so there is no conflict) The same goes for
> making calls or more terminating them: Gnomemeeting was off in a second -
> Ekiga takes 20 sec and longer to react to a hangup. No idea why. Perhaps it
> will change in the future. :-) What are the plans?

Is it going better if you empty the 3 calls history using the calls
history window?

I have identified that to be the reason of slow reactions from Ekiga. It
will be fixed in 2.2 (Julien is working on that).

(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net