Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Bad review about Ekiga

Don't worry, there are looser-users outside who manage to crash almost
anything - even if it was as simple as a blackboard and chalk. :-)
Interestingly these guys aren't necessaryly the most stupid ones  around. No
idea why it is like that (no answers found in almost 5 years of user support
experience)

So don't worry about it too much. I have had horrible Twinkle problems,
Linphone is ok, even NAT works there (which the author of the article didn't
manage) - video not.

I couldn't say that either Gnomemeeting or Ekiga has ever had the tendency to
crash.  The oposite is true. Gnomemeeting was the most stable app around and
Ekiga is only slightly less stable (I always run the latest beta available -
so it's probably not even the case)

What I notice though with Ekiga compared to Gnomemeeting is that Ekiga tends
to be very sluggish to react on user action.

On my machine, starting Ekiga takes ages (even the internet radio on xmms
drops one or two times for a couple of seconds - its sound goes to a
different audio card than Ekiga - so there is no conflict) The same goes for
making calls or more terminating them: Gnomemeeting was off in a second -
Ekiga takes 20 sec and longer to react to a hangup. No idea why. Perhaps it
will change in the future. :-) What are the plans?

Thank you for the great software - need to say hello and repeat this from time
to time :-)

Conrad