Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Reworking the addressbook code

On Sun, 28 May 2006 22:53:26 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> QUESTION
> --------
>
> This approach is practical and intuitive, from my point of view.
> However, it raises one question. Users will be able to edit contact
> information from the roster, but imagine that you have one contact in
> the local address book (the evolution one) that you don't want in the
> roster, but for which you want to update the information. From where
> in the UI do we update it?

The "Addressbook" - or however it'll be named in future - IMHO.
Background: Full control over a contact everywhere you can see that
contact, the only place you see a contact not in the roster is the
addressbook (or also the calls history window maybe).

Also, I like the idea to see the Roster as a "filtered" local
addressbook. Anyways, my related question: some bit in the contact's
informaion or the membership in a specific group to "add" a contact to
the roster?

J.

--
I know life sometimes can get tough! and I know life sometimes can be a
drag!