Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Setting colour of tab text/label widgets.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:29:37AM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:

> It is theme related. I don't think the HIG would like the behavior to be
> changed. However, having a different color when there are new messages
> is nice.

the HIG suggest a little more...

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/controls-notebooks.html
---
Status Indicators

In some tabbed windows, such as preference windows, it might be
desirable to indicate the status of a particular tab. This can be used
to notify the user that a web page that is still loading or has been
loaded, a new message is waiting in a particular instant messasing
conversation, or that a document has not been saved. Such a status
indicator should be an icon that is placed directly to the left of the
tab label. Additionally, the tab label's color might be changed to
indicate a certain status. Do not simply rely on a different coloring
scheme for status indication.
---

I'll try to work out the colour bit first, at then add the icon.

Any suggestions on an icon?
Simon.