Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Bad review about Ekiga

On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:50:00 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> http://linux.softpedia.com/progViewUserReviews/156167.html
>
> This software is a descendant of the former "gnome-meeting" software. It
> comes bundled with its own SIP service but claims to work with others.
> Unfortunately it has inherited not only the GUI from gnome-meeting but
> also the habit to crash every other minute without apparent reason. So I
> never got to really test it yet.
>
> The developers might be better off not making the same mistake as they
> did with gnome-meeting and should try to fix all the bugs instead of
> adding more crashing bells and whistles.

I have never had a crash and the program was easy to setup. I have had
some problem but they have been outside of Ekiga (siproxd and firewall)

Ekiga has som distance to go to "get finished" but it is still THE BEST
PROGRAM AROUND! Subjectively of course :)

Waiting patiently for 2.2
/Hoglet

--
Go ahead... make my day.