Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] IAX2 In Ekiga

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 21:55:24 +1200
Stephen Cook <siti orcon net nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't introduced myself here before, I am Stephen Cook (siti).  My
> proposal for implementing IAX2 in ekiga got accepted with google's
> summer of code.
>
> To give an update (I'll try and keep you guys regularly posted as to
> what's happening, any problems etc.).
>
> Currently I have been looking at the code to gain an understanding of
> ekiga and opal's code and design.  Also obviously checking out the IAX2
> code in opal :).  From what I have seen and got working, I will work on
> getting IAX2 going in ekiga first.  The main part of this will obviously
> involve writing a gnome meeting endpoint for IAX2.
>
> One key problem I have identified is the accounts code.  The protocols
> are tightly integrated with how it works.  I could either refactor this
> code to loosen the integration or hack iax2 support in there and
> refactor it later ;).  The advantage of this refactored will be when
> someone wants to add Xmpp/libjingle support, or some other protocol down
> the track.
>
> Well, please tell me your thoughts and comments on this project.

As a New Zealander, you are uniquely placed to communicate with the
author of the OPAL IAX2 code, Derek Smithies, who is a fellow Kiwi! I am
sure that you will be able to get the OPAL IAX2 code working with Ekiga
in no time at all with his help.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly.

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting