Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Advanced support for bluetooth headsets

El vie, 21-04-2006 a las 00:58 +0200, Unai Uribarri escribió:
> I think that using btsco (bluetooth-alsa) is a wrong choice. There are
> little chance that btsco module will be accepted by the kernel folks
> (its task belongs clearly to userspace) and it's configuration is
> tricky. Also, a persistent connection to the headset is a bad idea, as
> commented by Jose Carlos. I prefer to speak directly with the SCO
> device using bluetooth sockets; I've coded it for kphone and it's
> pretty easy.
>
> What can be truly interesting is using gnome-bluetooth to discover /
> pair the headset.

 And this is where CDIS[1] enters in action again. The only problem is
that CDIS is yet a proof of concept, more than real code that can be
used, but at the same time apps implementing DBUS interfaces is the
first step on this.

[1] http://blog.eikke.com/index.php/ikke/2006/04/19/new_prototype
--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo