Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Advanced support for bluetooth headsets

El jue, 20-04-2006 a las 16:34 +0200, Unai Uribarri escribió:
> The first problem is that a BT headset isn't a reliable device
> (battery empty, out of range, white noise generators...) so there
> should be a secondary device to use. This is just an usability issue,
> but a very important one: I don't like to loose calls.

> The second problem is that we must establish the control link to the
> headset and send a ring command to be able to receive button click
> events. Otherwise, the headset will establish a connection with its
> default audio gateway, who knows where. So the headset should always
> ring if it's the default audio device, regardless of the sound event
> device.
>
> And, can a PWLib audio plugin answer a call or notify a generic user
> action when the button is pressed?

 Perhaps this is something that should be added as some SoC2006 item,
but I don't know if Unai can benefit from it (as a coder, I mean).

 Also, today on IRC a person wanted to know if ekiga could call an
script before calling a person so you could connect you bt headset with
bt-sco to the sound device, so bt headset saves power and you don't have
to manually execute "btsco adress channel" before answering.

 Another point I am not sure is if this should be added to pwlib too or
is something that also belongs to Ekiga (GNOME) domain. But that depends
on how far are your needings to control sound device.

 Cheers,

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo debian org