Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] selecting output device - bug?

Le vendredi 25 novembre 2005 à 15:41 +0100, Gour a écrit :
> Damien Sandras (dsandras seconix com) wrote:
>
> > > However, I'm still puzzled how NAT can be a problem for USB headset and
> > > not for onboard sound card?
> >
> > I think it is not related. I think you just happened to use ports that
> > were not forwarded when using the USB headset.
>
> OK, but I do not understand how with the same setup (router & firewall)
> yesterday (while testing with Johhny) I heard sound in the headset, and
> today while writing my original post it fails ??

For the same reason, it is using other ports.

> > Yes, and the NAT STUN test has to report anything else than "Symmetric
> > NAT".
>
> NAT STUN test reports either Cone NAT or Port restricted NAT.

It should be ok.

> I jsut emerged ethereal - can it help me in debugging?

yes, look if you receive incoming audio. You can also see that in the
gnomemeeting status bar. If you see A:something/somethingelse and that
something is different from 0, then you are sending and receiving audio.
If you hear nothing, that is a headset problem. If you see 0, then it is
not a headset problem but a NAT problem.

> Sincerely,
> Gour

v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net