[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 20:52 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Today at 19:33, Damien Sandras wrote:
>
> > The only problem with 1.2.0 and GNOME 2.10 is with EDS, but I'm working
> > on that. So, honnestly, I don't really understand the "problem" raised
> > by Danilo. I'm respecting code freezes, string freezes, and the proposed
> > version always works with the upcoming GNOME release. I thought that was
> > enough.
>
> No, you're respecting all the freezes "illusionary".  There're no code
> changes or string changes simply because GnomeMeeting is already in a
> stable release.  You're not *benefiting* from code freezes and string
> freezes, because they don't happen for GnomeMeeting as for the rest of
> Gnome.

Even if he is not benefiting fully, or even if he is not aware of how he
could, he is getting the benefit anyway. Obviously translators would
like the chance to make new major .0 versions of gnomemeeting as good as
possible, but they are able to do that for the version that comes with
new major .0 versions of GNOME, and they actually have extra time to do
that. So far I have not heard of any problems that actually affect the
quality of a GNOME release.

So I really don't think it's a big problem that gnomemeeting declared
itself stable before the rest of GNOME. GTK+ and libxml do that too, by
the way. We hope that they get more in sync, but it's not killing us too
much if the don't.

_Maybe_ Damien has not fully understood the benefits of being on the
Desktop module list, but there are clearly no benefits for him taking it
off the list.

However, I think this is far more about Damien just not having time at
one or two times. And that's completely OK.

I'm more concerned that gnomemeeting is so difficult to build. I think
Damien would have much more contact with the various sub-teams if they
could build it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com