[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Remove GnomeMeeting from Gnome module list?

Le mardi 18 janvier 2005 à 19:27 +0100, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 19:12 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > First of all, that is not right. GnomeMeeting 1.2.0 has been released
> > for GNOME 2.9, and the tarball has been put on the FTP server for
> > release with GNOME 2.10. I know it is 3 months earlier, but I don't see
> > why I should delay the release just to stick with the GNOME schedule as
> > long as the provided tarball works with the intended GNOME release.
> >
> > I was however unable to make a release for GNOME 2.6 as I had not enough
> > time, but 1.0.2 was available for GNOME 2.6, so I don't see the problem.
>
> Yes, we don't try to force people to implement features sooner than they
> can.
>
> Has there been a lack of stable releases, meaning that translators' work
> is not released on time? If so, that would be an issue, but one that
> could be easily solved.

Not that I know, but perhaps Danilo could comment on this...

We will also release 1.2.1 probably before GNOME 2.10, and perhaps 1.2.2
if there are enough new translations.

The only problem with 1.2.0 and GNOME 2.10 is with EDS, but I'm working
on that. So, honnestly, I don't really understand the "problem" raised
by Danilo. I'm respecting code freezes, string freezes, and the proposed
version always works with the upcoming GNOME release. I thought that was
enough.

> [snip]
>
> > I don't know if you realize, but I'm currently adding SIP support into
> > GnomeMeeting, and it might take more time than the 6 months separating
> > each GNOME release, so I don't see how I could fit with the release
> > schedule, that's impossible.
>
> I'm looking forward to SIP support.

It's progressing :)