Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] H.350 server

Le mar, 11/05/2004 à 13:50 +0200, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > Does it mean that if I register with H323 I will not be able to call a
> > SIP user? would it be possible to register with SIP *and* H323 as same user?
>
> i find the questions of ipv4/ipv6 dual stack registration much more
> interesting.. as we then have 4 logins to sync it seems like we need a
> ticket from one client to a backend-db which will then provide a h323 gk
> and sip registrar output based on the query..
>
> Damien, why is SIP+H323 so much more challenging than H323 alone? SIP
> can use the common RTP range of GM with just a new "wrapper" protocol,
> doesn't it? So basically that leaves the RTP range as is and adds one
> more listener to udp 5060, right?

Basically yes. However, 99% of our users won't care if it is SIP or
H.323, they just want to make calls with video or not.

So I think we will have to go for a default recommended protocol like in
SJPhone, even if we keep both protocols in teh same application (which I
intend to do).