Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Getting video images to other programs

Hi!

On 16. 03. 2004 17:23 Damien Sandras wrote:
> > So I have seen your discussion about a similar problem and
> > you talked about dbus. Could the images and sound be
> > sent to another application via dbus with hopefully almost
> > no delay?
> DBUS would more permit to reembed a GnomeMeeting component
> into another application. It wouldn't really permit to pass
> the images to that other application.

Yes; I kind of thought that DBUS would work that way. But I hoped
that I could also get the images. ;-)

> Yes, using openh323.

Yes, I will try it with openh323.

> If you mean separating the GUI and write a GM library, then
> yes, it would be a major redesign, and I'm not even sure it
> would make sense as there already exist a library called
> OpenH323. So creating a GM library woudl only add GM-specific
> features to OpenH323

Ok, I thought that OpenH323 isn't that much and that I would have
to use some GM-pieces to get a conferencing software to work
without having to spend a long time on it. I wasn't very much
into OpenH323 until now. ;-)

So thanks for your help and I hope I didn't bother you too much
with things that I can get to work without GM. ;-)

bye
Matthias

--
Matthias Weber