[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Getting video images to other programs

Hi!

Evtl. I want to write an application that has remote video in a
3D scene (in this case via a scenegraph based toolkit which
uses OpenGL Performer). What I want to have is a video
conference in a virtual environment. I was thinking of
embedding GnomeMeeting into it. Unfortunately it seems to be
bound to Gnome/GTK that it's not easy to just have the
video images (remote and local) and audio stream in another
application, isn't it? Ok, for audio I could write another
plugin, but video is the problem.

So I have seen your discussion about a similar problem and
you talked about dbus. Could the images and sound be
sent to another application via dbus with hopefully almost
no delay?
Or is it possible to find another way where the
"content-creation" is separated from all window and gui stuff?

At the moment I use vlc (VideoLAN) which is very good for video
streaming but not so good for conferencing. vlc itself is devided
into a library, the main progam and plugins (for video/audio/data
input and output). Would this also be possible for GnomeMeeting?
I think it would be a major redesign of GnomeMeeting, wouldn't
it?

bye
Matthias

--