Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] OSS plugin not there, ALSA confused

Hi Pierre-Philippe,

Am Di, den 16.03.2004 schrieb Pierre-Philippe Coupard um 18:51:
> PUYDT Julien wrote:
> > 1. cvs packages, as the name implies, are supposed to be used only by
> > people that know what they're doing, ie: contributors (of code,
> > translation, review, testing, or whatever);
>
> I know what I'm doing. That doesn't mean I want to spend hours trying to figure
> out a problem unrelated to the changes I'm doing in GM. Besides, I figured
> Damien might want to know about the ALSA problem.

btw. there's a learning curve ;) if it takes that long, you should give
yourself some time to learn to find sources more quickly.. *g*
usually it's "what doesn't show up within the first 10-15min you won't
find until 2-3h" once you're experienced with gdb and strace (and
reading logs of course).. And 10-15min is somewhat the effort you are
willing to "invest" into enhancing OpenSource when installing CVS
packages. I guess that's not too much for free software, is it?

Thanks for your report still. Let's hope we can try to "fix" this issue
soon, even though it doesn't apply to $MANY users..

--
Best regards,
 Kilian