[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] OSS plugin not there, ALSA confused

Hello everybody,

I had to change my motherboard because it has caught on fire on Thursday (don't ask). The new has this horrible via82xx chipset, so I went get a second Sound Blaster Live to use as second soundcard in its stead. In short, I now have 2 SB Lives, working with ALSA, instead of one SB Live and one whatever-crummy-device-comes-with-the-motherboard.

It seems Gnomemeeting's ALSA plugin is very confused by this state of affairs: when I go select the ausio device, there's only one "Sound Blaster Live!" entry instead of two. I have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that Gnomemeeting's ALSA plugin doesn't seem to differentiate devices by anything other than their base name : xmms on the other hand sees 2 "Sound Blaster Live!" devices, but one is prefixed with "(hw:0,0)" and the other with "(hw:1,0)" (and it works correctly, incidentally).

Anyway, I wanted to alleviate the problem temporarily by switching to OSS, but apparently the OSS plugin has disappeared, despite the fact that I have it installed from the debian cvs feed. So right now I'm kind of cornered :-)

For information, I use the bleeding edge from cvs as of today, 16/03/04, and I compiled GM myself from source.

Any idea?
Thanks.