Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a

Once upon a time Saturday 24 January 2004 3:54 am, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > i would go with a default of 45 seconds  but allow the user to set the
> > there own time.  if connection attempt times out the called machine
> > should send a connection time-out back so the caller doesnt sit theer
> > waiting. if call redirect the client could send a message back saying
> > call is being redirected simmiliar to what the telcos in Australia do
> > with Cell Phones.
> >
> > the clients end should ring untilthe call is answered or redirected  just
> > the same as if it was a telephone.
>
> That's the current behavior (with a different timing). However, you can
> not rely on the remote end for dropping the call. You should do it
> locally too (not all clients are bug free).
>
> However, do you really think the 45 seconds shoudl be configurable
> between 10 and 59 seconds? I have some doubts about the usefulness.

yes i do think it could be useful if i was waiting for a call from someone
important i could have the setting to say 10 or 15 seconds and when GM rings
i can see who the call  is from and choose to answer or ignore and it wont
ring very long.

or as with the Cell phones here you can change how long your phone rings
before being diverted to voice mail or another phone number if a user so
chosse  he could set a time limit for divert on unanswered when he has
diverting enabled

perhaps have a 1 minute hard coded limit but when you enable diverting on
unanswered you could have the ability to set it to a shorter time period

Dennis