Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Increasing required time to answer a

Damien Sandras said:
> Goerge, and the others,
>
> The current behavior is the following:
> - when you are calling somebody, there is one minute timeout for the
> other person to answer the call.
> - but on the other side, since a few releases, GnomeMeeting rejects the
> call after 15 seconds, or forward it after 15 seconds if you didn't
> accept it.
>
> I propose to do the following:
> - when you are calling somebody, he has 1 minute to answer you, or the
> local gnomemeeting stops calling.
> - when you are called, it rings until the other person stops calling (ie
> 1 minute), but if you chose to forward on no answer, it forwards the
> call after that minute.
>
> I wonder :
> - should I let the user configure that 1 minute, ie choose a value
> between 10 seconds and 59 seconds
> - or is it excessive and hardcoding it to 1 minute, or to 30 seconds is
> a better idea?
>
> don't forget, before adding a setting to gnomemeeting, it must be proved
> it is really useful, or users get lost in all the settings.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> PS: I vote for a 45 second time, harcoded.

i would go with a default of 45 seconds  but allow the user to set the
there own time.  if connection attempt times out the called machine should
send a connection time-out back so the caller doesnt sit theer waiting.
if call redirect the client could send a message back saying call is being
redirected simmiliar to what the telcos in Australia do with Cell Phones.

the clients end should ring untilthe call is answered or redirected  just
the same as if it was a telephone.

Dennis

--
Dennis Gilmore