Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] OSS Audio Gone Again

> You have to select the ALSA plugin in GnomeMeeting, not the OSS one.
I did

> It is automatic if snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss are loaded.
they are loaded but still can't play anything using OSS.

Here is the error message when I run GM CVS from a terminal and run the
druid audio test and the Sound Events from prefernces.

(gnomemeeting:4776): Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdraw.c: line 643
(gdk_draw_drawabl e): assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

When I run the audio test from the druid, it gives an error window
saying:

Failed to open the device

Impossible to open the selected audio device (ESS Allegro PCI) for
playing. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and that the
device is not busy.

I tried running GM from root but it still had the same problem.

I think the maestro3 ALSA module is broken. The only thing that runs
with ALSA is xmms with the ALSA pluging.