Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] OSS Audio Gone Again

Le lun 05/01/2004 à 11:37, George a écrit :
> I must not have explained it well. I was using OSS with 0.98.5 and never
> had a problem when I was in a call. I have re-installed 0.98.5 and it
> still works with OSS while in a call.

The only thing that changed is the plugins system. That represents a lot
of changes.

> It opens two error messages each time. But the two error messages aren't
> always the same (except for can't open for playing).
>
> (1)
> Cannot use the audio device
> Impossible to open the selected audio device (/dev/dsp) for
> playing. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and
> that the device is not busy.

That usually means the device is busy, ie used by another tool or with
wrong permissions.

> (2)
> Cannot use the audio device
> The selected audio device (/dev/dsp) was successfully opened
> but it is impossible to read data from this device. Please check
> your audio setup.

That means that the device has been opened, but that the driver fails in
full-duplex mode.

> and:
>
> (1)
> Cannot use the audio device
> Impossible to open the selected audio device (/dev/dsp) for
> recording. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and
> that the device is not busy.
>
> (2)
> Cannot use the audio device
> Impossible to open the selected audio device (/dev/dsp) for
> playing. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and
> that the device is not busy.

Same here.

> > What is the name of the OSS driver you are using?
>
>  maestro3

Very weird, I have really *no* idea what the problem can be. Try to
strace the software with a grep on /dev/dsp and see what really happens
at the system level.

strace gnomemeeting 2>&1 | grep dsp