Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] OSS Audio Gone Again

Hi Damien,

After installing ALSA and trying for hours to get it to work, I finally
had to give up on it and put my system back to using OSS.

I removed the ALSA calls in modules.conf many times and went back to
OSS in an effort to see why ALSA wouldn't work. When I finally gave up
in trying to get ALSA to work, I went back to OSS (again) and now GM
CVS is now passing the audio test and plays the sound events.

I have no idea why this is. But thought you should know.

Something that I find strange though is that after putting my system
back to using OSS, lsmod shows some of the ALSA modules even
though ALSA isn't being called.

Thanks,
George