Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] The latest GM RPM's from Johnny's site.

Le lun 02/02/2004 à 12:22, Craig Southeren a écrit :
> Are you saying that the Quicknet driver does not work on 2.6 with or
> without the Yield? If so, then you are right - there needs to be a fix.

Well, it doesn't work at all yet on 2.6, Yield or not.

But the Yield () call was breaking things on 2.6, for some users on high
load, for some others simply moving a window was enough. So

Reintroducing the Yield () call could possibly make nixj work with 2.6
NTPL, but the problem we have fixed by removing it would reappear. So
yes, reintroducing the Yield () call will solve problems on 2.4 NTPL,
but the old problem will be back on 2.6, making it unusable again.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing.

I really thing we should find another solution. Perhaps simply calling
Yield () at a few places in the IXJ OpenH323 code is enough.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org